There are many events taking place in the run up to the Carnival Parade around Narberth for both old and young.
Here you will find information relating to all aspects of the Carnival Day right from the Christmas Market all the way through to the Parade. You will also find both pre and post Carnival information including Narberth Road Closures, running orders and time schedules for the Parade, the day itself and also the performance stage.
Please visit the links below and find out more information on various areas of the day.
Christmas Market 10:00 am – 3:30 pm (Free Entry)
Childrens Fair Rides – High Street | CK Supermarket
Santa’s Grotto 10:30 am – 11:30 am | 12:30 pm – 1:15 pm | 2:45 pm – 3:15 pm
Childrens Disco 4:15pm – 5:00pm (Free Entry)
Late Night Shopping 5:30 pm – late.
Carnival Parade 6:00 pm
If you wish to take part in the Narberth Winter Carnival, you can enter as a walking entrant as either an individual or group. You can also enter the Carnival with a motorised float.
- You DO NOT need specialist insurance to take part in the Parade on a float. You can sign your own disclaimers with those onboard your float to save any come back
- You MUST ensure your vehicle is insured to go on a highway. You can always check with your insurer if you can use it in a parade. (Slow moving controlled and marshalled parade)
- You MUST have a valid MOT, working lights etc.
- You MUST ensure your float has relevant protection to stop those onboard from falling off the sides. – Tension wire/rope for example
- You CAN register on the day by assembling at the Parade start area in ample time for a driver briefing. Registrations in advance preferred.
- Music IS allowed onboard your floats but must be at a suitable volume and able to be controlled.
- Under NO circumstances are flashing BLUE LIGHTS permitted on any float.
- One Marshal in a hi vis vest must be supplied with your float.
- Enter at the Queens Hall by 5:45 pm to enter the Carnival. You can register online to save time
- All small children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
The Carnival Parade format is as follows:-
The Carnival parade will begin at 6:00pm prompt from CK Supermarket – Spring Gardens (Floats only) and will proceed a total of 2 laps around the Narberth one way system. Floats will complete 1 lap of the one way system where the will stop in Spring Gardens where they will allow walking entries to enter the parade from the Queens Hall.
Walkers to meet at the Queens Hall from 5.20pm to register.
The parade will continue for one further lap and return to CK Supermarket, in the event of bad weather judging and awards will be presented in the Queens Hall.