If you wish to take part in the Narberth Winter Carnival, you can enter as a walking entrant as either an individual or group. You can also enter the Carnival with a motorised float.
- You DO NOT need specialist insurance to take part in the Parade on a float. You can sign your own disclaimers with those onboard your float to save any come back
- You MUST ensure your vehicle is insured to go on a highway. You can always check with your insurer if you can use it in a parade. (Slow moving controlled and marshalled parade)
- You MUST have a valid MOT, working lights etc.
- You MUST ensure your float has relevant protection to stop those onboard from falling off the sides. – Tension wire/rope for example
- You CAN register on the day by assembling at the Parade start area in ample time for a driver briefing. Registrations in advance preffered.
- Music IS allowed onboard your floats but must be at a suitable volume and able to be controlled.
- Under NO circumstances are flashing BLUE LIGHTS permitted on any float.
- One Marshal in a hi vis vest must be supplied with your float.
- Enter at the Queens Hall by 5:45 pm to enter the Carnival. You can register online to save time
- All small children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
The Carnival Parade format is as follows:-
The Carnival parade will begin at 6:00pm prompt from CK Supermarket – Spring Gardens (Floats only) and will proceed a total of 2 laps around the Narberth one way system. Floats will complete 1 lap of the one way system where the will stop in Spring Gardens where they will allow walking entries to enter the parade from the Queens Hall.
The parade will continue for one further lap and as floats approach The Dingle Stage, they will have been pre judged prior to event stage, awards will be presented in the area near to the stage. Once complete, floats will be lead back to the starting point and the walkers will be then judged and awarded their relevant awards.
If you would prefer to register online. Click here on How to Register